You may be a Brit in Toronto … but you probably also care about who is running the gaff back home. It’s a good idea to register soon to vote, the deadline is approaching.
Use this service to apply to register to vote or to:
– Update your name, address or other details on the electoral register
– Change your voting preferences, i.e. to vote in person or by post
– Change whether you’re on the open register
It usually takes about five minutes.
You may need the following, if you have them:
– Your National Insurance number
– Your passport if you’re a British citizen living abroad
– You need to be on the electoral register to vote in elections and referendums
Register by April 18, 2016 to vote in the May 5, 2016 elections, or by June 7, 2016 to vote in the EU referendum on June 23, 2016.