And we’re back. The summer break was great but we saw a leaf fall from a tree the other day. It’s done. Had an ugly cry in the shower and now we’re over it and looking for fun things to do in Toronto this autumn.
Here’s the blurb (her words) from Amanda …
Please join us at our very popular pub quiz night, where you have the opportunity to meet fellow Brits to chat about all things British that you miss, over a pint whilst answering trivia questions for the chance to win a Curly Wurly or a packet of Hobnobs!
The quiz is a mixture of General Knowledge and specific categories, covering all things British, Canadian and the World.
This quiz, the theme will be BACK TO SCHOOL — however, as always, don’t always take our headings literally as we could throw in a spin to the theme just to keep things interesting!
Things you should know;
1. Please be at the Duke of Somerset by 7:00 p.m. at the latest.
2. Kick-off is at 7:30 p.m. sharp, so if you don’t have a seat and a drink by then, you might not be able to participate. We will aim to finish by 10:30 p.m.
3. Numbers are limited to 135 (legally by the pub for fire safety reasons), so the first 135 to RSVP and turn up on the night will have a shot at winning. Once we reach this number we will not be allowed to let anyone else in, so your RSVP doesn’t guarantee you a seat — hence the reason to get there early.
4. Teams are limited to 6 people maximum. Start thinking of your team name now.
5. You are welcome to come on your own, with a partner/friend/Mensa member, and we will join you up with other people on the night. More brain cells = prizes.
1st prize – British goodies gift basket worth $125.
2nd and 3rd prizes – Duke of Somerset gift vouchers and a British goody bag.
4th to 10th prizes – British goody bags.
If you don’t make the top 10 teams, better luck next time.
7. On the night Amanda will be ably assisted by Charlotte and Yvonne who will allocate you to a team (if you want to be), collect your Meetup dues, collect the papers and hand out prizes. Phil will be on the microphone trotting out the questions as the Quizmaster. We will all be wearing name labels.
8. Name labels: we will have sticky labels and pens for you to all write your name on, and where you are from. It’s a Meetup, so let’s all meet someone new; however as much as you probably will meet new people, this event isn’t a “mix and mingle” type of event which we hold separately. We are all here for the questions and the chance of winning a Curly Wurly or packet of Hobnobs!
9. Cost: $5. Yvonne and Charlotte will be round to rattle the tin when the quiz gets going.
10. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
So, there you have it. Pub … Brits … Curly Wurlys … what could be better?