Jason Ho is a producer with CBC News and reached out to Brits in Toronto to put the word out that he’s looking for people who will be affected by Brexit in the following ways:
- Supply chain — ability to get materials out of the UK to Canada and vice versa
- Exiting or entering the country, consular services, visas, immigration issues
- Healthcare service access
- Anyone who’s getting paid in British pounds, worried about the cost of living in Canada if the currency fluctuates wildly
- Concern about family members in the coming months and what the impact will be on the cost of living, supply chain within the UK
- Effects we don’t know about but someone from Britain may be aware of
- Those who Brexit will benefit in some way
You don’t have to particularly be a Brit expat, but do need to have a view or be affected by the above issues.
Please contact Jason directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-205-7420.
So, that’s Part 1.
If Jason gets enough respondents with the kind of feedback he’s seeking, then Part 2 will be that we all meet up at a British pub (got one already interested that has the space and allows media filming) the week before the Brexit deadline — so anywhere from October 25-29 — and Jason can take it from there for CBC News.
So, put the word out and contact Jason if you can help, then watch this space …